[TRNSYS-users] type680 COP_rated

Ratnalee Patil Ratnalee at innovativedesign.net
Wed Sep 14 11:48:20 PDT 2011

Emilia,

For the absorption chiller models I believe the rated COP to be supplied
as a parameter is thermal COP (Qcooling output/Qheat input to
generator). In the COP output from the chiller model however, the
electricity consumed by the chiller for the operation (for pumps etc.)
is taken into consideration based on the auxiliary electric power (Qaux)
supplied as one of the parameters. Thus the output COP = Qcooling
output/(Qheat input to generator + Qaux).

By the way, where is this Type 680 located? I am aware of Types 676 to
679, Type 681, and Type 107 for absorption chillers.

Thanks.

Regards,

Ratnalee Patil

B.Arch., M.A.Sc. Engineering