[TRNSYS-users] Error in automatic heat transfer calculation

Marie-Claude Hamelin marieclaude.hamelin at gmail.com
Tue Sep 13 12:04:38 PDT 2011

Hi all,
I am modelling a 3 zone building with active layers to represent radiant
floors. I first added the active layer on the ground floor and
everything worked fine. Then I tried adding the same active layer to the
basement and second floor, but I kept getting "Error in automatic heat
transfer calculation for surface 13 or its adjacent surface." as a fatal
error. I tried deleting the active layers (all three of them) and
replacing them with the original concrete floor, but I still get the error.

I have looked at the mailing list archives and did what was suggested,
ie. making sure that no internal calculation was used for external sides
of any of my wall types. Is it possible that the bug that caused that
error was not fixed yet in the 16.01.0002 version of TRNSYS, which I'm
using? (Reference:
https://mailman.cae.wisc.edu/pipermail/trnsys-users/2010/006348.html)
Thank you,

Marie-Claude Hamelin