[TRNSYS-users] Discovered bug in T3D

Graham Linn grahamjlinn at gmail.com
Thu Oct 13 12:44:09 PDT 2011

Good Day TRNSYS Users,

I think I have discovered a bug in the interface between
TRNSYS3D-TRNBUILD. (Is this the right place to report bugs? I couldn't
find a mention of this problem in the mailing list anywhere.)

Here's how to arrive at the problem:
1)Import an IDF file into TRNBUILD (I think it needs to have multiple
adjacent zones, but I'm not sure, that's just how my file was
configured.)
2)Update the original IDF file
3)Open the original IDF file again in TRNSYS3D
4)Rename a zone in TRNSYS3D
5)Try to import the IDF file with renamed zone into TRNBUILD... it should crash

I think the problem is that when zone names are updated in T3D, the
auxiliary information in the IDF file is not properly updated as well.
I searched through the IDF file and found several instances of the old
zone name when it should have been the new zone name.

Thank you!
Graham