[TRNSYS-users] Calling a component within a TRNSYS Iteration

Aaron J. Danenberg danenberg at hartford.edu
Tue Oct 4 17:06:26 PDT 2011

TRNSYS Users:

I have a simulation consisting of 5 or more components.  Two
of which require an "iteration within an iteration".  This
means that two of the components in the system must feed
each other outputs and inputs within a single iteration
before the TRNSYS solver takes over.  Both components are
user written, without going into further explanation they
cannot be combined into a single component.  I am trying to
figure out how within a loop in my code I can call the other
single component strictly within that specific loop.  In
this loop I want only these two components in this system
passing inputs an outputs back and forth until the criteria
is is satisfied.  In my problem we can call the variable X,
both components have different methods in which they compute
X, and each of the components require the output from the
other component to calculate their respective X.  The TRNSYS
solver is not appropriate for the iterative scheme that must
be used between these two components, so I need to figure
out a way to run an iteration between two components within
each TRNSYS iteration.  It may be possible for me to modify
the control of the TRNSYS solver, but I am not where to even
begin.  Thanks for reading my question!

-Aaron