[TRNSYS-users] problem with type 534

Jeff Thornton thornton at tess-inc.com
Fri Nov 25 11:37:06 PST 2011

<I used the wizzard to personalize my type534 storage tank for a
project, and now I have a lot of errors.
Is there a way to reset the type to it's original settings?
None of my early projects seem to work now, because of the
modifications I made for this one project.>

The answer depends on what you did.  If you changed the default external
data file then those changes will be seen in every project that uses that
file.  The only way to get that file back is to re-install or get the file
from your distributor.  For every project, you should create a tank date
file specific to that project - that way your new changes won't affect
your previous projects.

<When connecting the heating/cooling load (type682) I used a type9a
data reader with one single column with 8760 rows (values in kWh). Is
that correct or do I need more?>

Type 682 requires the load in kJ/h so you'll need to have the Type 9 data
reader convert from the units it read in (kWh) to kJ/h.  Also pay
attention to the sign convention of Type 682.  A positive value as an
input means heat ADDED to the working fluid.

Jeff

Jeff Thornton
President - TESS, LLC

22 North Carroll Street - Suite 370