[TRNSYS-users] TR: energy bilans for Type 56

marcello.caciolo at aximaseitha-gdfsuez.com marcello.caciolo at aximaseitha-gdfsuez.com
Fri Nov 18 06:13:08 PST 2011

Dear Damien and Karol,

I agree that the way TRNSYS treats airflow rates between zones could appear misleading. The main concept is that Type 56 has no airflow model (at least if you do not have TRNFLOW).

Indeed, Type 56 needs to know only incoming air, as it assumes, in order to assume air balance of ONE ZONE, that An equal amounts of air is assumed to leave the airnode at the airnode temperature. The destination of the leaving air has no interest from the point of view of the zone.

If you have two zones without infiltrations and ventilation, and one opened  door between them, there will be an air exchange between the two zones. For mass balance, the mass airflow rate going from zone A to zone B should be the same than the mass airflow rate from zone B to A. However, in this case, type 56 DOES NOT CHECK air balance, then it is to you to define the two airflow rates with the same value. This is the meaning of the sentence in the section 5.4.1.2: coupling air flow from B to A is not defined automatically.

Therefore, your last sentence is correct, Karol: if you define air from A to B as coupling flow then TRNBuild assume that the same amount of air leaves zone B, BUT IT DOES NOT ASSUME that this air is going to zone A.

About the difference between coupling air flow through wall and between air node, I think that there Is no difference. The possibility to have coupling air flow between nodes has be introduced in TRNSYS 17 because two air nodes could have no adjacent walls.

Best regards.

Marcello CACIOLO
Responsable Outils et Méthodes d'Analyse Energétique

[cid:image001.jpg at 01CCA604.81872720]

Cellule Efficacité Energétique
Direction Commerciale
46 Boulevard de la Prairie au Duc BP 40119
44000 Nantes Cédex 2
Tel. 02 40 41 06 57

mail: marcello.caciolo at aximaseitha-gdfsuez.com

www.aximaseitha-gdfsuez.com

P Pensez à l'environnement avant d'imprimer ce message