[TRNSYS-users] Problem with the c-value to enter to obtain the desired Uwindow

Tanguy MULLIEZ tanguy.mulliez at etamine.coop
Wed Nov 9 10:03:17 PST 2011

Hello,

I have a question regarding the c-value of the frame to be entered in the window type description of the type 56 :
It is said that the cframe-value has to be entered without the heat transfer coefficients αo and αi .

I usually calculate the Uframe to be entered using the following equation :
[cid:image001.jpg at 01CC9F12.34C00950]

As Uw, Uglass and fframe are generally known from the beginning as a performance level requirement for the building.

My question is : how can we relate the Uframe of the above equation and the c-value to be entered?

Is it ok to write that Uframe = 1/[RSo + RSi + (1/cframe-value)]?
With RSo = 1/ αo = 0.04 m².K/W ?
With RSi = 1/ αi = 0.13 m².K/W ?

If not ok could somenone tell the right method to enter the c-value in order to obtain the desired Uwindow?

Great thanks !

Tanguy (Lyon)