[TRNSYS-users] thermal resistance of external shading device

Antoine Gautier antoine.gautier at solamen.fr
Thu Nov 3 09:50:07 PDT 2011

Thanks a lot for your detailed answer Marion.

I actually got confused by the name of TrnBuild variable “External Shading
factor” which I thought referred to radiation transmission factor and not to
fraction of occultation (shdout in the formula I suppose).

I understand from your explanations why the additional thermal resistance is
also lower than expected (only affects glazing which is kind of surprising
though).

(PS : I also thank you for your interest in my idea of generating 3D data
with third party software. I send you an example of DesignBuilder idf as
soon as I have a moment).

Thanks for all

--

Antoine Gautier