[TRNSYS-users] Components for Desalination w/ TRNSYS ?

Sergio Miguel Alegria Casimiro smac at MIT.EDU
Thu May 26 09:27:13 PDT 2011

Hi to all!

can anyone recommend me some components to use for a simple desalination unit?
e.g. type 51 is actually worth to be used as an evaporator for this purpose?, literature to have into account to write or change the components etc.

(Im using TRNSYS 16). I'm interested in making a Single Effect Evaporation system for now.
If you could give me some information on this would be great.

Thank you in advance,

Sérgio Casimiro
MIT Portugal Program  |   Ph.D. Student
Sustainable Energy Systems
Instituto Superior Técnico (IST), Lisbon, Portugal
Dept. Mechanical Engineering - Environment and Energy Section