[TRNSYS-users] Validated (unglazed, or any other...) collector type

Philip Horn phorn at fraunhofer.org
Tue May 17 09:23:20 PDT 2011

Dear All,

I am searching for a experimentally validated unglazed collector setting in TRNSYS (with values of Inputs, Parameters, assumptions, etc.).

I am currently working on an unglazed polymer PVT collector with rectangular flow channels (so NOT a fin-type collector.

I would like to compare my attempts with similar systems. As there are probably no "really similar" systems available, any validated solar collector model will be helpful.

Ideally with long term measurements validation.

Can someone comment on the accuracy of the default values for the collector types, e.g. is it a good enough reference to simply use a TRNSYS type out of the box?

Would  some standard decks from IEA tasks work (I think they exist, right?) for my purpose?

I am currently reading about Type 132, but till now I could not find any download link (and it should be openly available if I understood correctly).
Can anyone help on that?

I am not sure about the validity of my potential results, as I do not have a prototype yet, so I try to judge how I could somewhat validate by comparison.

Your help is highly appreciated!!

Best from freezing Boston,
Philip