[TRNSYS-users] error with TESS TYPE568-1, bug in the code?

Philip Horn phorn at fraunhofer.org
Fri May 13 10:50:01 PDT 2011

Hi everyone,

I found a problem with TYPE568-1:

This type requires 16 inputs for mode 3:

    ElseIf (mode_eff == 3) Then
       Call SetNumberofInputs(10)
       Call SetInputUnits(16,'DM1')
    EndIf

However, only 10 are specified in the proforma!

So I get this error
"    TRNSYS Message    142 : The subroutine has attempted to set the units for the reported input number, which is beyond the number of inputs specified for the Type.
    Reported information  : Input # 16 Set to Type: DM1"

I think the 16 should be a 10 in the code (Call SetInputUnits(16,'DM1') ) , right?

How can I change this and bring it into the TRNDLL, as it is a TESS type?
I found the TESS dlls, but I got no idea how I could open and rebuild them.
I can import it as a user component, but there must be a way to recompile the TESS DLL... ?

Could anyone please confirm that the source code is incorrect, or if it's not the case, provide the solution :) ?

Best,
Philip

Philip Horn
Fraunhofer Center for Sustainable Energy Systems CSE
25 First Street
Cambridge, MA 02141, U.S.A.
+1 617-575 7250 x139
phorn at fraunhofer.org<mailto:astokes at fraunhofer.org>
http://cse.fraunhofer.org/

The contents of this email and any files or attachments transmitted with it, unless otherwise indicated, are confidential and/or privileged.  The recipient may not use this message and any attachment for other than its intended purpose.