[TRNSYS-users] Type 32 - heat transfer and water outlet temperature calculation

Antoine Gautier antoine.gautier at solamen.fr
Thu May 5 23:24:31 PDT 2011

Dear TRNSYS users

Simulating air cooling with Type 32 I get water outlet temperature higher
than dried bulb inlet temperature for low water flow rates (and thus heat
transfer largely overestimated). As I understand from component mathematical
reference there is no constraint on total heat transfer to take the second
law into account.

There should be therefore some precautions for use that I am probably not
aware of.

How do you usually cope with this?

Thanks a lot for your help.

Best regards