[TRNSYS-users] Visual Fortran run-time error (severe 601)

Marie-Claude Hamelin mari_ha at encs.concordia.ca
Thu May 5 06:44:25 PDT 2011

Hi,
I had a functional project with Type89 weather data reading component
and Type16g radiation processor. I had to change those two types for
15-3 because I needed to use a EPW file. Now I get a Visual Fortran
run-time error (severe 601 : file already exists).

There was a similar post on this in 2010 :
https://mailman.cae.wisc.edu/pipermail/trnsys-users/2010/006404.html.

However, I'm using  EPW files downloaded directly from DOE's website
(http://apps1.eere.energy.gov/buildings/energyplus/cfm/weather_data3.cfm/region=4_north_and_central_america_wmo_region_4/country=3_canada/cname=CANADA).
I have tried with different files, saved the files in my project
directory, but nothing seems to work.

Has anyone else encountered this kind of issue? Thank you in advance,

Marie-Claude Hamelin
M.A.Sc. Candidate, Building Engineering