[TRNSYS-users] Type 25 (Printer) Question

Santiago Naranjo Palacio sn377 at cornell.edu
Wed May 4 01:34:34 PDT 2011

Dear *TRNSYS*-Users,

 I am working with TRNSYS 16 and dont have access to Fortran on this
computer

I was wondering if it is possible for the printer to just print one value
and on the subsequent time step overwrite the previously written value. I
want to do this because I am running a very long simulation and dont want
the program to crash (once it has written too many values on one document)
and also because I am reading these values using Labview and want to avoid
problems with the reading.

As a side note. I am having some troubles with the data reader (I managed to
do what I wanted, but it is probably not the nicest way). I am reading data
from LabView and I also only one to read one value (then the value gets
overwritten by LabView and I read the next value -same position- and
continue the simulation). The problem with this is if I only have one value
the program crashes. If I allow LabView to write 2 values, then just let
TRNSYS loop through this 2 values while LabView overwrites them, I have no
problem. Just wondering if there is a cleaner way of doing this.

PS- I will have access to LabView 17 in a couple of days. So if anyone
knows how to get around these things on TRNSYS 17 but not on 16, it would be
no problem!

Thanks in advance for your help :)

--
Santiago Naranjo Palacio