[TRNSYS-users] Type 99 (T17) or T109(T16) calculates and transfers the exact information given in the external file ?

valentin.gavan at gdfsuez.com valentin.gavan at gdfsuez.com
Wed Mar 30 02:27:22 PDT 2011

Dear TRNSYS users,

I am using Type 99 in order to simulate a building with measured data. Someone of you is using Type 99 (T17) or Type 109 (T16)?
I am wondering if the solar radiation data in the txt file should be in W/m2 (<mult> 1) or not.

What unit was considered when programming Type 99 ? After checking the type I saw a multiplication with 3.6 so I suppose the data in the external file should be in W/m2.

If I consider the solar radiation on horizontal in W/m2 (<mult> 1) in the external file, when comparing data calculated by the Type 99 (output from Type 99 in kJ/h converted in W/m2) with the measured data (values in the external file in W/m2, at noon for example), the values are not identical.

In conclusion, I want to check if Type 99 calculates and transfers the exact information given in the external file to the other types (Type56). Someone of you tried already this ?

Thank you in advance.

Valentin Gavan

GDF SUEZ Mail Disclaimer: http://www.gdfsuez.com/disclaimer/disclaimer-fr.html