[TRNSYS-users] Error choose icon for new component

YQ yuqiang_21st at sina.com
Thu Mar 17 04:09:08 PDT 2011

Dear  friend,
Sorry to disturb you here. I'm a user from  China.
I'm creating a new component and want to choose an icon. Now when I browse to the .bmp file and select it, TRNsys crashes. According some method as followed, the problem also can not be solved, I don't know why. Could you tell me the reason? Thanks !

Methods:
This usually happens when the OLE server of your draing application (per
default Paint) is not installed correctly, or has been replaced by one which
does not work correctly. You can either re-install the drawing application
(hoping this will repair it), or edit the bitmap directly:

1.      Create the .tmf file and save it; this will create a .bmp file in the
same directory
2.      Delete the created .bmp file (it is black and white per default, which
is ugly)
3.      Create a new one with the same name at the same location
4.      When you restart the Studio, the new icon will be used.

Regards
Yu