[TRNSYS-users] Rebuild TRNDll.dll using IVF, runtime errors: "cannot find TNRDll"; "forrtl: severe 151 allocatable array is already allocated"

Leon Gaillard leon.gaillard at gmail.com
Mon Mar 14 05:25:52 PDT 2011

Dear All,

I am attempting to use Intel Visual Fortran 11.1 to add my own
components to TRNSYS 16.
Any advice on resolving the following problem would be greatly appreciated.

As a fisrt step to building my own external dll, I followed the
instructions in the Programmers Guide and rebuilt TRNDll using the
project files located in
$Trnsys16\Compilers\Ivf81-Mvs2003.
It was necessary to remove Types 39, 90, 121 and precompiled Type 56
files from the build list to avoid fatal errors.

The compiled TRNDll.dll and TRNDll.lib were copied to the
$Trnsys16\Exe directory as instructed.

In TRNSYS Studio I then tested the rebuild by trying to execute
example project Begin.tpf.

TRNSYS.exe crashed with the error: 'cannot find TRNDll.dll'

I then followed the suggested solution posted on trnsys-users,
msg01245 and replaced the following libraries with those in my
compiler:
libifcoremd.dll

libifcoremmd.dll
libmmd.dll
libmmdd.dll

This enabled TRNSYS.exe to find TRNDll, but resulted in an Intel
Fortran run-time error:
forrtl:sever 155: allocated array is already allocated
libifcoremd

TRNDll.Dll
TRNEXE.exe
kernel32.dll
ntdll.dll

Thank you in advance for any suggestions of what to try next in
resolving this issue.

Kind regards,

Leon Gaillard