[TRNSYS-users] problem in trnbuild

Serban Cristina cristina.serban at unitbv.ro
Thu Mar 10 02:33:42 PST 2011

Dear trnsys users,

I am a new user of TRNSYS and I have encountered some problems.

I created a multizone building in simulation studio, and when I edited
the building in trnbuild I created a new wall but I haven't defined
layers in it.
Now when I try to edit the building to define the wall the error: no
layers defined in mtype13 appears. I click ok and trnbuild closes.
How can I define my wall? is there a way? or do I have to start over
again?

My building has 4 zones but they are displayed on 2 levels (floors).
Is there a way to automatically create the building on 2 levels?
In trnbuild each zone has 5 walls. If I add a new wall type (e.g.
ceiling) to each zone will the building be with two levels?

P.S. I tried using the trnsys3d plugin but it doesn't work. It gives
me too many errors.

PhD. Cristina SERBAN
Transilvania University of Brasov
Department of Renewable Energy Systems and Recycling