[TRNSYS-users] Problem with Type 15-6 in TRNSYS 17

Samuel Hennaut shennaut at ulg.ac.be
Thu Mar 3 08:57:33 PST 2011

Dear TRNSYS users (and developers),

With TRNSYS 17, Type 15-6 generate the following error when trying to
start a simulation between hours 1024 to 4095, with a small time step
(eg 0.1 or 0.15 hour):

"Message : Unable to correctly read from the supplied data file - please
check the file an re-run the simulation."

Have you ever got the same error in this configuration?

I also observed a mistake in the code of Type15 when calculating maximum
and minimum of monthly avarage temperatures:

The code is as follows :

         ! Calculate the max and min monthly average
              j_min=1
              j_max=1
              Do j=2,12
                 If (month_ave_T(j) > month_ave_T(j-1)) j_max=j
                 If (month_ave_T(j) < month_ave_T(j-1)) j_min=j
              EndDo

With this code, in the Nothern hemisphere, January can't be the coldest
month even if it is. The coldest month will generally be December that
is colder that November. I think the code should be:

         ! Calculate the max and min monthly average
              j_min=1
              j_max=1
              Do j=2,12
                 If (month_ave_T(j) > month_ave_T(j_max)) j_max=j
                 If (month_ave_T(j) < month_ave_T(j_min)) j_min=j
              EndDo

Regards,
--
/*Samuel Hennaut*
Chercheur - Doctorant

Université de Liège
Département Sciences et Gestion de l'Environnement
Equipe BEMS - Building Energy Monitoring and Simulation
185, Avenue de Longwy
B-6700 ARLON /

[BEMS] /  Tel: 32-(0)63-230 948
   Fax: 32-(0)63 230 800