[TRNSYS-users] shadings

Heloise PELEN heloise.pelen at etamine.coop
Tue Mar 1 09:08:17 PST 2011

Dear Davide,

The amount of solar radiation received by each part of the building is important, especially if you have windows.

In your case, you should first define in your TRNBuild file a different orientation for each shaded portion of the building, because the incident radiation is not the same as the building's non-shaded portions.

Then, in your TRNSYS studio file you can use either type 34 or type 67 to define the solar masks. With your specific problem, type 34 really seems appropriate because you can model adjacent walls simply by putting their dimensions in the type's parameters. However, if you use the type 34, remember to use the anisotropic sky model (sky model number 1 - defined in type 109 if you use this type) because this is the sky model type 34 computes the radiation with.

Regards,

Héloïse Pelen

ETAMINE

heloise.pelen at etamine.coop <mailto:heloise.pelen at etamine.coop>

75 rue de la Villette - 69003 Lyon

Std : 04 37 45 34 20 / Fax : 04 37 45 41 38

Ld : 04 37 45 34 13 / Port : 06 65 07 41 77

www.etamine.coop