[TRNSYS-users] questions about type 504 water-air heat pump

Jeff Thornton thornton at tess-inc.com
Tue Mar 1 08:47:44 PST 2011

<Dear all:I am doing a hybrid geothermal heat pump system simulation based
on a large commercial building. My questions are:1> Does the type 504 or
type 505 work for the large room loading building ?>

Type 504/505 models a geothermal heat pump.  It can be used to model
multiple small heat pumps, one large heat pump, a combination of sizes
etc.  How it is used is up to you.

<is it that what i need to do is just to change the user-supply heat-pump
performance data named as  .DAT file?   The explanation said it may
works.>

The .DAT files contain a performance map of the heat pump.  In order to
change the performance to that provided from a manufacturer you will have
to change those data files.

<In the type 504  parameter column, what does the logical unit for cooling
data mean, which the default value is 12?>

That parameter is automatically assigned by the studio (you don't have to
worry about it) and associates the name of the file with a FORTRAN Logical
unit (an integer tied to the file).

Jeff

Jeff Thornton
President - TESS, LLC