[TRNSYS-users] Questions about Type 194 and Type 665

Jeff Thornton thornton at tess-inc.com
Tue Mar 1 08:31:17 PST 2011

<A convertible frequency air source heat pump is needed in my  model but I
can't find one in TRNSYS. Is  Type 665 Ok? >

Type 665 is a single-speed air source heat pump.  I'm not quite sure of
the meaning of "convertible frequency" (variable air flow, variable
refrigerant flow etc.).  If you mean variable air flow, then the Type 665
model can handle it as long as you have a solid performance map that
accounts for the change in performance at the various air flow rates.

Jeff

Jeff Thornton
President - TESS, LLC

22 North Carroll Street - Suite 370