[TRNSYS-users] Iterations in TRNSYS - Type101

keilholz, werner werner.keilholz at cstb.fr
Thu Jun 30 06:40:52 PDT 2011

Hi Lesh,

If by "two iterations" you mean that the type is called twice for the same value of TIME, I think that is perfectly normal, even if there is no change whatsoever:
The first call is the "initialization call", the second the "post convergence call".

When I implemented such couplings I used the info array to avoid unnecessary calls (its explained in .\Trnsys17\Documentation\07-ProgrammersGuide.pdf , page 7-57.

For example, if you want only one call per step, you can check info(13) against 1.
Or, if you want to avoid the initialization step, check info(7) for 0. Etc...

Hope this helps,

Werner