[TRNSYS-users] simulation of a tree

Jochen Doell jochen.doell at ise.fraunhofer.de
Mon Jun 20 01:31:08 PDT 2011

Dear Joke,

I do not think that there is a model for a tree.
But if you can estimate the shading effect of the leaves over the year
you can just add an equation, which recalculates the radiation on the
window pane.
If you aim for more sophisticated tree features (angle dependence,
diffuse & direct transmission through the leafage) you will have to
write a more complex equation...

Best regards,
Jochen

Joke De Beuckelaer schrieb:
> Dear all,
>
> Thus there exists a type to model a tree (which loses leaves in the winter)?
>
> Greetings,
>
> Joke De Beuckelaer
> project engineer mep
>

> VK     HEALTHCARE      |      BUILDINGS      |      INDUSTRY      |      INFRA
>
> Value by design
>
> VK ENGINEERING  Avenue Clemenceaulaan 87, 1070 Bruxelles Brussel, Belgium
> t   +32 2 414 07 77   f  +32 2 414 04 98   m  +32 473 97 01 50   e   joke.d at vkgroup.be   w   www.vkgroup.be
>

>  VK WILL BE CLOSED FOR THE HOLIDAYS FROM   18/07-29/07 (Roeselare) // 11/07-29/07 (Brussels, Ghent, Bruges)
> ****DISCLAIMER****
> This communication is confidential and for the sole useof the addressee. If you are not the intended recipient,
> please immediately notify the sender by e-mail at the address shown and then delete it from your system
> without copying, disclosing or forwarding its contents. Thank you.

Dipl.-Ing. (FH) Jochen Döll
Division Thermal Systems and Buildings

Fraunhofer-Institut für Solare Energiesysteme ISE
Heidenhofstrasse 2, 79110 Freiburg, Germany

Phone: +49 (761) 4588-5468 Fax: +49 (761) 4588-9000
jochen.doell at ise.fraunhofer.de
www.ise.fraunhofer.de