[TRNSYS-users] Type 534 - losses from gas flue

Emilia Visek visekemi at gmail.com
Wed Jun 15 09:25:19 PDT 2011

Dear colleagues,

I am using Type 534 for simulation of  a solar DHW system with heat pump. As
I set up 2 heat exchangers, one for solar collector loop and one for heat
pump loop, I do not set up other auxiliary heat input, so my "Auxiliary heat
rate" will be 0. My question is:  why is the system calculating the gas flue
losses only when there is no auxiliary? I think I do not have in my case any
flue losses. Am I wrong? Is this calculation avoided if I am setting the
Overall flue heat loss coefficient to 0?

Thank you,

--
Emilia VISEK
PhD student|Politecnico di Milano-Energy Department|Via Lambruschini
4,20156,Milano,Italy|Ph:+39022399 3895|emilia.podar at mail.polimi.it