[TRNSYS-users] type 505 water source heat pump

by_pro yubai3 at cityu.edu.hk
Mon Jun 6 19:53:56 PDT 2011

Dear Trnsys users,

I would like to use type 505 (water to water heat pump module) to
simulation a geothermal source heat pump system. According to the the
pre-calculation, the heating and cooling demand of the space is much
higher than the normalized power in the data file. as I currently
understand (from a response explained to one of the 505 user), generally
we can scale the rated capacity, flow rate and power of the device
without having to create different data files each time.

Could anybody explain more how to scale the data file? Is it linearly
proportion?  or show me an example if possible.

Thanks in advance

Beatrice