[TRNSYS-users] Decrease of temperature with Type 56

Aaron J. Danenberg danenberg at hartford.edu
Mon Jun 6 08:30:51 PDT 2011

Augustin,

You infiltration rates seem relatively high (0.6ACH), if it is this high I
would assume you are in a windy location, or the building is old and leaky
(or you include some mechanical ventilation in this number).  Since the
building is well insulated, I would assume the problem lies within your
control (signal) scheme, or double checking your ACH assumption against the
results of a blower door test.  I use the data reader and TMY2 weather data
to define the conditions for external walls.  I did not understand how you
defined your conditions for the external walls, that may be something you
want to double check on, I cannot say if it is incorrect or correct, but may
be a likely source of your problems.

Aaron J. Danenberg

Graduate Research Assistant

University of Hartford