[TRNSYS-users] Multizone Building - Range Check Error

Emmanouil Malliotakis emall at mail.ntua.gr
Tue Jul 26 06:08:45 PDT 2011

Dear TRNSYS users,

i use TRNSYS 17 to simulate a single family house. The model is very detailed
and has also heat pump, pumps, floor heating, chilled ceiling, storage tank ,
vacuum collectors, equations etc.

When i try to run it i get the Range Check error message and the simulation doesn't start.
I have read all the similar problems in the mailing list, i enabled debug mode
from the simulation card but there is no sign of the problem.

I have read that i can run the simulation via a fortran debugger and find the
error.How can this be done? I have the Silverfrost Fortran 95 express free
compiler, which is powered by microsoft visual studio.
What is the procedure?

Any other advice?

Thanks in advance
Emmanouil Malliotakis

Dipl.Eng, MSc, PhD Candidate
National Technical University of Athens
School of Mechanical Engineering
Lab. of Heterogeneous Mixtures and Combustion Systems
Tel:+30 210 772 4062 / Fax:+30 210 772 3527