[TRNSYS-users] Number New Component

Matt Duffy duffy at tess-inc.com
Fri Jul 15 09:34:58 PDT 2011

Dear Oswaldo Hidalgo,Type numbers 200-299 are reserved for user use. We apologize, but that document has not been update either with the new 4-digit Type numbers allowed in TRNSYS 17 as well.The only way that I know to view what components' routines are compiled in both the TRNSYS DLL (TRNDLL.dll in the ".\Exe" directory) and the external DLL's (".\UserLib\ReleaseDLLs" directory) is to view the dependencies. There is a free program called Dependency Walker (some people have it on their machines as a default with some programs, 'depends.exe') that may be obtain from the web. If you open a DLL in depends.exe, it will show you all the Type numbers that have been compiled in the DLL. Thus, when making your new component, do you use any of those Type numbers, and again, Types 200-299 should be okay.Best regards,Matt Duffy----- Original Message -----From: "Oswaldo Hidalgo Barrientos" >;ohidalgob at correo.udistrital.edu.co