[TRNSYS-users] Soil Noding Problem - Multizone Slab model

Manos Malliotakis manosdavinci at gmail.com
Tue Jul 12 02:36:58 PDT 2011

Dear TRNSYS users,

i use TRNSYS 17 to simulate a single family house. We recently upgraded from
version 16 to 17 and one of the new feaures is the Multizone Slab model.

I used Google Sketchup and created the geometry of the House. It consists of
6 thermal zones on the Ground Floor. I designed these 6 zones and gave them
a height of 3 meters. I selected all zones till i see 6 blue boxes around
them.

Then i run the TESS Slab Noding Plugin from Google Sketchup. I answer all
the questions. Then i get a message , if i want the name and the area
printed on my google sketchup model. I answer yes but nothing gets printed
on my model.

After that 2 files are created.

soil_noding_XYDistances.txt and soil_noding_Soil Noding File.dat

The first is empty and the second has only the first 4 lines. *Not* the "map
of nodes" i saw in the example file.

I use the latest TRSNYS version and TRNSYS_SlabNodingProgram_v3.rb plugin.

In the attachement you can find the *.idf file and the soil noding files.

Thanks in advance
Emmanouil Malliotakis