[TRNSYS-users] Soil Noding Problem - Multizone Slab model

Emmanouil Malliotakis emall at mail.ntua.gr
Tue Jul 12 03:50:51 PDT 2011

Dear TRNSYS users,

i use TRNSYS 17 to simulate a single family house. We recently upgraded from
version 16 to 17 and one of the new feaures is the Multizone Slab model.

I used Google Sketchup and created the geometry of the House. It consists of
6 thermal zones on the Ground Floor. I designed these 6 zones and gave them
a height of 3 meters. I selected all zones till i see 6 blue boxes around
them.

Then i run the TESS Slab Noding Plugin from Google Sketchup. I answer all
the questions. Then i get a message , if i want the name and the area
printed on my google sketchup model. I answer yes but nothing gets printed
on my model.

After that 2 files are created.

soil_noding_XYDistances.txt and soil_noding_Soil Noding File.dat

The first is empty and the second has only the first 4 lines. *Not* the "map
of nodes" i saw in the example file.

I use the latest TRSNYS version and TRNSYS_SlabNodingProgram_v3.rb plugin.

In the attachement you can find the *.idf file and the soil noding files.

Thanks in advance
Emmanouil Malliotakis
Dipl.Eng, MSc, PhD Candidate
National Technical University of Athens
School of Mechanical Engineering
Lab. of Heterogeneous Mixtures and Combustion Systems
Tel:+30 210 772 4062 / Fax:+30 210 772 3527