[TRNSYS-users] Difficulties of making a Trnsys project

Fred Betz fbetz at aeieng.com
Wed Jan 19 06:40:11 PST 2011

Marios,

The building simulation will run from the studio, not TRNBuild.

I would start by using the building example in the example folder to understand how the weather files and the rest of the systems interact with each other before working on the building itself.

The best way to make the geometry is through Google SketchUp and the TRNSYS3d plugin.

Building projects are pretty difficult so take your time if this is your first time using TRNSYS.

Good luck.

Fred

Fred Betz  PhD., LEED AP
Sustainable Systems Analyst

AEI | AFFILIATED ENGINEERS, INC.
5802 Research Park Blvd. | Madison, WI  53719

P: 608.236.1175 | F: 608.238.2614
fbetz at aeieng.com<mailto:fbetz at aeieng.com>  |  www.aeieng.com<http://www.aeieng.com/>