[TRNSYS-users] Determining umax in feedback controller

Rambod Rayegan rraye001 at fiu.edu
Sun Jan 16 14:49:47 PST 2011

Dear TRNSYS users,

I created a TRNSYS file to simulate the performance of a flat plate
collector. In this file I used a feedback controller to set the collector’s
output temperature on 120 °C.  I checked the TRNSYS example “SDHW-Feedback
controller” and I chose umin and umax equal to 0 and 1 respectively.

When I check the results I see that in some time steps temperature is higher
than 120 °C while flow rate is zero. BY changing umax in feedback controller
the results are being modified slightly but I don’t know how I can find the
optimum umax.

Actually I am not sure that changing umax will solve the problem.

Attached to this email you can find a copy of my file.

Thank you.

Rambod