[TRNSYS-users] Question about Type557 Vertical U-tube Ground Heat Exchanger

SUNLIANG CAO caosunliang at msn.com
Fri Jan 14 08:47:37 PST 2011

Hi,

I have a question about Type557 Vertical U-tube Ground Heat Exchanger in GHP Library (TESS Library).

I found that Type557 has only one type of distribution for the boreholes in the ground: the boreholes are uniformly distributed within a cylindrical storage volume of ground.

However, if I want to simulate other distribution types for the boreholes, such  as distributed in a rectangle shape area, triangle shape area, or L-shape area, etc, how can I deal with this problem?

Is there any existing type in TRNSYS or TESS Libraries dealing with the Ground Heat Exchangers with different configurations?

Thank you very much.

Kind Regards,
Cao Sunliang