[TRNSYS-users] acceptable temperature range

Fred Betz fbetz at aeieng.com
Tue Feb 22 15:42:26 PST 2011

You'll probably be better off using a simple feedback controller rather than an equation block because you can get frequent starts and stops or non-convergence warnings.

Also, that's a pretty large temperature range to operate over. Are you driving an absorption chiller with those temperatures?

You might be better off controlling a variable speed pump to maintain your temperature range rather than shutting the pump off when the temperature exceeds 80C. If you shut off the pump when the temperature is over 80C, you risk exceeding the stagnation temperature of your panels in the real world.

There is a solar thermal panel in the TESS libraries that has a built in controller that has an output for a variable speed pump that works really well.

Good luck!

Fred

Fred Betz  PhD., LEED AP
Sustainable Systems Analyst

AEI | AFFILIATED ENGINEERS, INC.
5802 Research Park Blvd. | Madison, WI  53719

P: 608.236.1175 | F: 608.238.2614
fbetz at aeieng.com<mailto:fbetz at aeieng.com>  |  www.aeieng.com<http://www.aeieng.com/>