[TRNSYS-users] Tair/Top

leen peeters l.f.r.peeters at gmail.com
Sat Feb 19 05:37:34 PST 2011

Hi Davide,

the Tair is the air temperature of the zone, i.e. the average temperature of
the air in the zone (based on single node approach). The operative
temperature in the zone is a parameter introduced due to ist correlation to
indoor thermal comfort: as a human being we experience temperature as a
combination of the indoor air temperature (convective heat exchange) and the
temperature of the zonal surfaces (radiant heat exchange). This combined
temperature is what the operative temperature stands for. Based on
engineering judgement we commonly use a 50% air and 50% mean radiant
temperature to calculate the operative temperature.

Hope that helps,

Leen