[TRNSYS-users] constant outlet temperature with controller type 22

Shahrdad JavidRad shahrdad at live.de
Wed Feb 9 07:33:04 PST 2011

Dear all,

I want to get a constant outlet temperature (for example 70°C) for my collector in a DHWS. For this purpose I am using a Iterative Feedback Controller (Type22) to control the the pump mass flow in my collector circuit.

As Input values for this type I have entered:

Setpoint: 70
Controlled variable: collector outlet temperature linked
On / Off signal: 1
Minimum control signal: 0
Maximum control signal: 1
Threshold for non-zero output: 0.15
Tolerance on tracking error: 0

I have linked the control singnal of this type and the pump (type 3b) together.

It should work but as I plot the collector outlet I always have no flow rate and not a constant outlet temperature from the collector.

What am I doing wrong?

regards,
Shahrdad