[TRNSYS-users] 64 Bit Fortran Compiler and Multi-Thread CPU's

Aaron Danenberg danenberg at hartford.edu
Wed Feb 9 06:24:41 PST 2011

Does anyone have experience with a 64 Bit Fortran Compiler?  I have
installed Compaq Visual Fortran Professional Edition for Win 32 x86 Systems
V6.6.  It is not stable on the three 64 bit systems I have installed it on.
I must attempt to load the program multiple times.  Usually when I load the
program it instantly quits.  I would like to take advantage of my 64 bit
system and recompile TRNSYS with a 64 Bit compiler.  On the TESS website and
in the forums there is a brief note on this subject.  However the link that
is provided to an Intel site with a 64 bit compiler is broken.  I have
googled 654 bit compliers with little success.  I have very limited
experience with Fortran, so I may not be using the best search terms.

Also I am running a second generation I7 Quad core with two threads per
core.  When I run a simulation in the Studio only one thread per core is
being used.  Is there a way to set the Studio to run on all 8 threads?  I
set the priority to High (Real Time Setting Could not be Applied), and I set
the affinity to all 8 threads.  Thanks!

Aaron Danenberg

Mechanical Engineering Graduate Student

University of Hartford