[TRNSYS-users] Thermal storage tank for CHW

Jeff Thornton thornton at tess-inc.com
Mon Feb 7 10:37:07 PST 2011

<Hi, All I'm trying to simulate the water storage tank for CHW. I had used
the type4 for solar heating system, it works well. I don't know which type
is better for simulating the water storage tank for CHW, since the
difference temperature of discharge water and  charge is smaller than the
heating water system.>

Type 4 (in fixed inlet location mode) will do a nice job of simulating CHW
tanks.  Type 534 from the TESS Libraries is another nice option if you
have heat exchangers or other options that aren't handled by Type 4.

Jeff

Jeff Thornton
President - TESS, LLC

22 North Carroll Street - Suite 370