[TRNSYS-users] Problem to create a .idf file with Trnsys3D PlugIn in SketchUpPro8

Contact /SUNREASON contact at sunreason.com
Wed Feb 2 06:21:47 PST 2011

Dear all,

After installing SketchUpPro8 and the Trnsys3D plug-in, I created a simple 4
zone building. Some time after starting, I got automatically a Save window
requesting the file name with extension .idf. I entered a file name, but the
file does not save and an error window appear saying:

Sorry...the plugin has encountered an error.  This error may cause
unpredictable behavior in the plugin--continue this session with caution!
It would probably be a good idea to exit SketchUp and start again.

For help, please contact the TRNSYS newsgroup by
https://www-old.cae.wisc.edu/mailman/listinfo/trnsys-users .

When reporting a bug, please include the error message and backtrace below
(scroll down):

ERROR:

NameError

wrong constant name jectInfoInterface

BACKTRACE:

C:/Users/Workstation/Documents/SUNREASON/Logiciels/SketchUpPro8/Plugins/Trns
ys3d/lib/DialogManager.rb:31:in `const_get'

C:/Users/Workstation/Documents/SUNREASON/Logiciels/SketchUpPro8/Plugins/Trns
ys3d/lib/DialogManager.rb:31:in `restore_state'

C:/Users/Workstation/Documents/SUNREASON/Logiciels/SketchUpPro8/Plugins/Trns
ys3d/lib/AsynchProc.rb:17:in `initialize'

Then I saved my .skp file and exit software. I restarted SketchUp, but could
not solve the issue. On my portable computer, I even got stuck with a frozen
software that I could leave only by forcing the application closure.

When trying to save the .idf file, I noticed that no extension appeared in
the extensions list when scrolling down. This may help you.

I will really appreciate your support, since I cannot use Trnsys 3D at all
so far.

Regards,

Vincent