[TRNSYS-users] Solar thermal installation and convergence

Inga Doemland inga.doemland at anu.edu.au
Wed Aug 31 21:20:50 PDT 2011

Good day,

I would like to cite this question (10 September 2009)
/
"Dear Trnsys user, When a solar water collector (Type 73) connected to a
heat exchanger in a water tank (Type 60), what is the difference between
the Output of the 'useful energy gain' of Type 73 and the Output of the
'Energy input from the heat exchanger of Type60? >//From my calculation,
the energy from the heat exchanger is much higher than the useful energy
of the solar collector. I am not understanding it. Many thanks!"/

I have exactly the same problem and the link above hasn't been answered.
The source code says, that the "Energy input from the Heat exchanger" is
q_hx = UA_hx  x LMTD

Where is my thinking mistake? There can't be more energy input in the
tank than sun available!

Cheers,

Inga