[TRNSYS-users] Problems with 3 tank simulation

Cheong Chu Siang Jesper u0706752 at nus.edu.sg
Sun Aug 21 11:27:27 PDT 2011

I'm trying to model a PVT system which consists of clusters of different PVT modules that cogenerates electricity and hot water for showering.
Hot water storage is achieved using a mains pressured 3 tank system.
However I have not been able to model the 3 tank system using the available storage tank subroutines(type 4, 60, 534).
Tank temperatures obtained are very low when compared to results from a mathlab simulation.
Mass balance failures are reported in the list file, which i attribute to the incorrect connections between tanks.
I believe the problem lies in the 2 way flow between tanks that is not corrected modelled in the simulation. Is there any way to correct this?
I've attached a simple diagram of the system i'm trying to model.

Does anyone have prior experience with multi tank setups and can provide some guidance?

Thanks,
Jesper