[TRNSYS-users] excel question

Nicholas LaHam ndlaham at gmail.com
Thu Aug 11 10:00:21 PDT 2011

I looked at the examples for calling excel but I think what I am trying to
achieve is different, maybe someone can help or tell me if it's possible.

Is it possible to have TRNSYS actually use inputs or parameters (as strings)
from an excel spreadsheet. For instance, say I set a parameter in TRNSYS for
volume to a string, V_Tank. Then I have a certain cell in my spreadsheet
with the number I want to use in my simulation. Is it possible to use the
excel component to set V_Tank to whatever my cell in excel is set at?

Also, it is possible to go in reverse? Can I have outputs of TRNSYS go to
excel?

I tried a few things and can't seem to get the component to work.

Thanks,
Nick