[TRNSYS-users] Atrium simulation with multiple airnodes

ewen raballand ewen.raballand at gmail.com
Fri Aug 5 02:52:22 PDT 2011

Dear all,

I'm currently trying to simulate an atrium. I'm using trnsys3D and the
atrium's zone is divided in 6 airnodes.
I use the detailed model for radiation and I expect to simulate the
stratification of temperature.

The results I have are not completely satisfying.
Is there any convective exchange between each airnode of a same zone or are
the convective zones closed for each airnode ?
Does anyone has an idea on how to simulate buoyancy air flow in the atrium ?

Another question is : is it possible to have a zone with multiple airnodes
and to use a standard model for radiation calculation ? it is not so clear
to me in the MultizoneBuilding manual.

Best regards,

Ewen Raballand