[TRNSYS-users] Compiling Dll's on a 64 Bit Operating System vs. a 32

Aaron Danenberg ajdanenberg at gmail.com
Mon Aug 1 19:40:14 PDT 2011

TRNSYS Forums ADMIN: The email I receive from forum posts goes to
danenberg at hartford.edu, could I change it to ajdanenberg at gmail.com?  I will
lose access to my School address sometime in the near future and I cannot
currently email out a zip file?

A few weeks ago I sent the forums an issue I had with loading another user
Dll's into my installation of TRNSYS.  I was receiving a strange error in
which the dll was found, but was not used by any of the components.  (was
found but did not contain any components from the input file.), followed by
(A TYPE was called in the TRNSYS input file but was either not linked into
trndll.dll or was not found in an external dll. A dummy subroutine was
called in its place. Please link the TYPE or remove it from the input file),
which I interpret as, TRNSYS knows the type mus be called, but cannot find
the dll that it deed found at the beginning of the simulation.  We neer got
to the bottom of this issue, and it was pretty sure it must have been an
error the the writers end.  However, we found out today that their group now
receives the same error for dll's that I am working on and have sent to
them.  I know for a fact these dll's work as I have run them on my system.
I have no idea as to wy this may be happening, my only guess I can think of
is that I have compiled my dll's on a 64 bit system, and the other group
compiles theirs on a 32 bit system.  Our group runs all 64 bit Windows 7,
the other group runs all 32 bit Windows XP (our groups operate out of
different organizations in different states on the project we are working
on).  Our 64 bit machines have both TRNSYS and the Intel Compiler installed
as x86, so I believe they are not installed as actual 64 applications, just
using a 32 bit emulator (please correct me if I am wrong).  I have attached
all of the files for a very simple simulation which includes a; data file,
data reader, Type 165 (user component dll), and a printer).  Can someone
running a 64 bit machine please try to run the simulation.  Also if anyone
has any ideas on why we may be having trouble using each others dll's please
let me know.  Thanks!

Aaron J. Danenberg

Graduate Research Assistant

Candidate for Master of Mechanical Engineering, September 2011

University of Hartford

Dana Hall 103, Research Laboratory 1

200 Bloomfield Ave.

West Hartford, CT 06117