[TRNSYS-users] genopt

Christian Glück christian.glueck at kit.edu
Mon Aug 1 10:38:24 PDT 2011

Well, my last e-mail was a little wrong - I looked at the genopt 3
manual and there *are* algorithms for one-dimensional optimization.

-> sorry for that.

Best regards,
Christian

PS: wrong algorithm, Johannes? File I/O?

Hi Johannes,

if you have used genopt successfully with trnsys before/if it has
nothing to do with genopt file I/O, it could be that you have got only
*one* single variable? I got something in the back of my head that
genopt can not optimize with a single variable, even though I dont know
if its really true and it *does* sound an unnecessary limitation.
Of course, I might be very wrong, but it feels like I've read something
like that in the genopt manual once...

Best regards,
Christian