[TRNSYS-users] Detailed description of the TESS Type 534 (verticalstorage tank)

Jeff Thornton thornton at tess-inc.com
Tue Apr 26 08:31:57 PDT 2011

<I am using Type 534 from TESS to simulate the behavior of different solar
systems and I have some difficulties in finding detailed information about
this type>

Did you look in the documentation for Type 534?  There's a detailed
description of the model including answers to all of your questions.

<Anyone of you knows what are the usual values of this parameters and
their influence for a usual storage tank ?>

Multiplier for natural convection correlation, 0.6, larger number better
HX heat transfer
Exponent for Rayleigh number, 0.25, larger number better HX heat transfer
Geometry factor, 1, not used often unless you have a shape factor
correlation for the natural convection off of the hx
Geometry factor exponent, 0, not used often unless you have a shape factor
correlation for the natural convection off of the hx
Header volume, zero if there is no header for the hx within the tank
Cross sectional area, the area of the heat exchanger that bisects the
plane of the nodal boundaries - used to reduce the conduction path between
water nodes.

Jeff

Jeff Thornton
President - TESS, LLC