[TRNSYS-users] It is TRNSYS suitable for optimization analysys?

Matt Duffy duffy at tess-inc.com
Mon Apr 18 12:11:17 PDT 2011

Dear Javier,I already responded to you in the other email account, but I just wanted to post my answer in case there were any out there that were interested.The way we do optimization with TRNSYS is with the LBL program, GenOpt. We have the TESS Optimization LIbrary with an interface (called TRNOPT) that couples your TRNSYS simulation to the GenOpt program. It works pretty well and we use it often. Thus, it uses the GenOpt algorithms.I am not familiar with GAMs or any optimization algorithms in Matlab, but TRNSYS can couple with Matlab at a component level. I am not sure how or if you would implement Matlab as an optimization tool.Best regards,Matt Duffy----- Original Message -----From: "Javier Galvan Villamarin" >;jgalvan at kth.se