[TRNSYS-users] Type22 - controlling floor-heating/cooling

Daniel Bader Daniel.Bader at gn-bauphysik.com
Fri Apr 15 07:03:28 PDT 2011

Dear TRNSYS-Users,

I have a little problem to control my floor-heating- and cooling-system:

I use Type22 - Iterative feedback controller - to regulate the massflowrate of the floor-system.
The inlet temperature is controlled by the mean outside temperature of the day before.

In times when the floor is used for cooling the building, the Type22-controller works perfectly.
But in times when heating is needed, the controller doesn't use the threshold-function to stop the massflow if the rooms are getting too hot (because of internal gains).

Think for example at a room in winter with outside temperature about 0°C.
In the night and in the early hours there will be a heating demand, so an inlet-temperature of about 22°C is used for heating.
When the room is used (with lots of internal gains) the inlet temperature of 22°C is used for cooling!
The problem is that you cannot control both (heating and cooling).
Also by adding an on/off command to type22 (like: off when Tair > Twanted - I tried a lot more) doesn't work.
See also the attached graph (I hope you can understand the problem).

Does someone have experiences with that problem to  solve this problem?

I would be very pleased for any help!
Thank you in advanced.

Kind regards / Freundliche Grüße

i.A. Dipl.-Ing.(FH) Daniel Bader

GN Bauphysik Ingenieurgesellschaft mbH
Bahnhofstr. 27
70372 Stuttgart
Tel.: 0711-9548800
Fax: 0711-564613
www.gn-bauphysik.com<blocked::http://www.gn-bauphysik.com/>
Geschäftsführer: Dipl.-Ing. (FH) Manfred Finkenberger
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Stuttgart, HRB 14870

[cid:image003.jpg at 01CBFB86.A8FA8190]

Diese E-Mail enthält vertrauliche und/oder rechtlich geschützte Informationen. Wenn Sie nicht der richtige Adressat
sind oder diese E-Mail irrtümlich erhalten haben, informieren Sie bitte sofort den Absender und vernichten Sie diese
Mail. Das unerlaubte Kopieren sowie die unbefugte Weitergabe dieser Mail ist nicht gestattet.

This e-mail may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient (or have
received this e-mail in error) please notify the sender immediately and destroy this e-mail. Any unauthorized copying,
disclosure or distribution of the material in this e-mail is strictly forbidden.