[TRNSYS-users] Integrate Thermo Active Layer into 1D Model

Devin Rohan drohan at purdue.edu
Thu Apr 14 16:04:15 PDT 2011

I'm building a 1D finite difference model for a room with embedded tubing in
a concrete floor.  In my model, I have a node on the floor surface, a node
halfway deep into the concrete (I assume this node has thermal capacitance),
and a node on the bottom layer of the concrete floor.  Is it possible to
integrate the thermo active model in Type 56 into my 1D model to find the
mean water temperature?  I'm not quite sure what my heat flow through the
resistances from the water to the node Theta_K (temperature of the pipe
plane) since I don't know any other temperatures (pipe shell, mean water).
 In addition I'm not sure if I can assume my node in the middle of the
floor, that takes into account the floor capacitance in the 1D model, to be
the same node as Theta_K.  If anybody can help, it would be most
appreciated.

--
Devin M. Rohan
drohan at purdue.edu